This article will provide you all the information you need to know when you are 3 week pregnant. If you think that you are in your third week of pregnancy then you have definitely come to the right place. You will be pleased to know that by the third week of pregnancy the conception of your baby can be confirmed and you’re the development of the fetus starts its process. In this particular week your baby will be a tiny one cell organism and by the time that you get to the end of your pregnancy period, you will have a full sized baby ready to enter this world. You should know that in this particular week the zygote which is a fertilized egg, multiplies in number to form a tiny cluster of cells in your womb which will be the starting point of your baby’s development. This cluster of cells is called a blastocyst in medical terms and these cells enter the fallopian tube into the uterus after which they implant themselves into the middle womb and this is how the fertilized egg takes its place as you future baby.
Bodily changes when you are 3 week pregnant
When this process occurs your body will start producing increased amount of progesterone and estrogen. This is done to protect the shedding of the lining of the uterus so that the womb can also prepare itself to provide protection to the embryo. This also allows you to take home pregnancy tests at this point. In the third week of pregnancy you can easily conduct a pregnancy test at your home to confirm whether you are with child or not. Another thing that starts to happen almost immediately is the accumulation of amniotic fluid is the womb that forms around the embryo itself. The amniotic fluid along with the lining also helps protect and cushion the baby. So how does your tiny baby get its nutrition and expel waste at this stage? Your body forms a tiny microscopic vessels and tunnels to the baby through which the cells are provided with the required energy and nutrition. Waste is also expelled through these microscopic vessels.
Signs and symptoms that you might feel in the third week of pregnancy
To know about the pregnancy by week, it is essential that you know about the signs and symptoms that you might be feeling, hence you can take the next section to be a pregnancy symptoms week by week guide. You must know that every woman has an individual bodily system hence some women might start feeling pregnant even before they take the test, while others won’t start showing symptoms until the latter years of pregnancy. Amongst a few of the most common symptoms include the following:
- You will start feeling tired and exhausted for no particular reason. Even though you will notice that you do not involve in any hectic work, your body will feel tired more than usual. This is because your body is going through rapid changes and is preparing itself for the months ahead.
- You will feel the need to urinate on a frequent basis. This is even for those women who do not have an over active bladder will feel themselves going to the washroom more than they usually do.
- Another symptom that starts occurring almost instantly is you feeling nauseous. You will feel extremely nauseous when you are pregnant. Though this will occur for the first few weeks for some women, in others vomiting might pertain throughout the pregnancy.
- Your breasts might feel swollen and might appear to be sensitive to touch causing them pain.
- You will feel repulsed by certain smells especially when it comes to food. Even though you will feel cravings for certain types of food, you will also feel nauseous when you look at certain food or smells.
- Your sense of smell will become heightened and most of these smells can cause pregnant women to cause vomiting.
- Your body temperature will become elevated when you are pregnant. This is one of the earliest signs of pregnancy as you will feel that your body temperature stays high most of the time.
- Lastly in some cases minor spotting is seen. If you see this happening, you should get in contact with your doctor as this can lead to complications in your pregnancy.
You can find similar week by week pregnancy guides for the upcoming week of your pregnancy. Be sure to gain all the information you can possibly get as it is highly important to know what it in store for you for the upcoming months.